Yesterday was an interesting day on the NHL betting front for those who bet on the Vegas Golden Knights vs Colorado Avalanche matchup at Lake Tahoe. Have there been many instances where there was an eight-hour delay in an NHL game?
Hopefully today’s second Tahoe game brings less drama in regards to the ice condition and weather. Just as yesterday’s Golden Knights vs Avalanche matchup was a showdown between two of the leading Stanley Cup betting favorites, today’s meeting between East Division rivals Philadelphia and Boston is as well.
All NHL betting odds are via FanDuel Sportsbook as of Sunday, February 21 at 10:00 am ET. Click here for updated NHL betting odds.
February 21 NHL Betting Schedule
New Jersey Devils vs Washington Capitals, 2:00 pm ET, NBC
Montreal Canadiens vs Ottawa Canadiens, 7:00 pm ET
Philadelphia Flyers vs Boston Bruins, 7:30 pm ET, NBCSN
Winnipeg Jets vs Vancouver Canucks, 10:00 pm ET
February 21 NHL Betting Game of the Day
Philadelphia Flyers vs Boston Bruins
NHL Betting Matchup: Philadelphia Flyers (8-3-3, 9-5-0 O/U) vs Boston Bruins (10-3-2, 6-9-0 O/U)
- Moneyline: Flyers +160, Bruins -190
- Total: OVER 5.5 (+110), UNDER 5.5 (-130)
The Flyers come into today second in the East Division, but they could use a win. After a 7-2-1 start, the Flyers have dropped three of their last four games. The Bruins, who sit atop the East, could also do with a win, having lost their last two games to the New York Islanders and New Jersey Devils.
February 21 NHL Betting Top Trends
Flyers vs Bruins
Key Flyers vs Bruins NHL Betting Trends: The Bruins have won all four head-to-head matchups thus far this season, with two wins in regulation, one in overtime, and one in a shootout. Three of the four games have gone OVER.
Devils vs Capitals
NHL Betting Matchup: New Jersey Devils (6-4-2, 4-1-1 away, 5-7-0 O/U) vs Washington Capitals (8-5-3, 5-3-1 home, 10-6-0 O/U)
- Moneyline: Devils +140, Capitals -166
- Total: OVER 6.5 (-105), UNDER 6.5 (-115)
Key Devils vs Capitals NHL Betting Trends: The OVER was 10-3-0 in Washington’s first 13 games, but it has not hit in their last three games. However, the OVER is 6-3-0 in the Capitals’ home games. The OVER is 4-2-0 in New Jersey’s road games this season, compared to 1-5-0 in their home games.
Canadiens vs Senators
NHL Betting Matchup: Montreal Canadiens (9-5-2, 6-0-2 away, 7-8-1 O/U) vs Ottawa Senators (4-14-1, 1-5-1 home, 7-11-1 O/U)
- Moneyline: Canadiens -220, Senators +184
- Total: OVER 6.5 (+110), UNDER 6.5 (-130)
Key Canadiens vs Senators NHL Betting Trends: The OVER was 6-3-1 in Montreal’s first 10 games, but it is 1-5-0 in their last six games. Yesterday’s 5-3 loss to Toronto was the first time in six games that they scored more than two goals. The UNDER is 9-3-1 in Ottawa’s last 13 games, and it is 5-2-0 in their home games this season.
Jets vs Canucks
NHL Betting Matchup: Winnipeg Jets (10-6-1, 4-3-0 away, 7-9-1 O/U) vs Vancouver Canucks (8-12-1, 5-4-1 home, 11-9-1 O/U)
- Moneyline: Jets -108, Canucks -108
- Total: OVER 6.5 (-110), UNDER 6.5 (-110)
Key Jets vs Canucks NHL Betting Trends: The UNDER is 7-2-1 in Winnipeg’s last 10 games after going 2-5-0 in their first seven games. The OVER was 10-4-0 in Vancouver’s first 14 games, but it is 1-5-1 in their last seven games.
February 21 NHL Betting: Best Bets
- 1. Flyers vs Bruins OVER (Best Bet): The balance of their head-to-head matchups so far this season have gone over. The Flyers, whose last game went under, have had consecutive unders only once so far this season.
- 2. Canadiens vs Senators UNDER: Both head-to-head matchups this season have gone under, and this one should as well.
- 3. Devils vs Capitals OVER: Washington’s run of unders should end today.
- 4. Jets vs Canucks UNDER: The trends are heavily in favor of the under, and so are the head-to-head results. Both head-to-head matchups this season have gone under.
The post NHL Preview and Best Bets (February 21): East Foes Flyers, Bruins Tussle in Tahoe first appeared on Betting News.