Yesterday was anything but a mundane NBA betting Monday. The Los Angeles Lakers dropped their third straight game at home, losing to the Washington Wizards. The Wizards have won five in a row, making them one of the league’s hottest teams at the moment. And in one of the games featuring two of the league’s hottest teams, the Phoenix Suns blew away the Portland Trail Blazers in the second half in a 32-point win.
What will today bring? There are nine games on the schedule today, which is more than the average Tuesday. So let’s make the most of a packed NBA betting slate, shall we? Here’s our look at the calendar and our NBA best bets for today.
All NBA betting odds are via FanDuel Sportsbook as of Tuesday, February 23 at 9:30 am ET. Click here for updated NBA betting odds.
February 23 NBA Betting Schedule
Atlanta Hawks vs Cleveland Cavaliers, 7:00 pm ET
Detroit Pistons vs Orlando Magic, 7:00 pm ET
Sacramento Kings vs Brooklyn Nets, 7:30 pm ET
Golden State Warriors vs New York Knicks, 7:30 pm ET
Philadelphia 76ers vs Toronto Raptors, 7:30 pm ET
Boston Celtics vs Dallas Mavericks, 7:30 pm ET, TNT
Minnesota vs Milwaukee Bucks, 8:00 pm ET
Portland Trail Blazers vs Denver Nuggets, 10:00 pm ET, TNT
Washington Wizards vs Los Angeles Clippers, 10:00 pm ET
February 23 NBA Betting Games of the Day
Washington Wizards vs Los Angeles Clippers
- Spread: Wizards +12.5 (-114), Clippers -12.5 (-106)
- Total: OVER 233.5 (-110), UNDER 233.5 (-110)
- Moneyline: Wizards +640, Clippers -950
Going into the season, the Wizards were expected to potentially be in the mix for the playoffs. Then they started 0-5, had a two-week COVID-related pause, and were a season-worst 11 games under .500 on February 12.
But after double digit loss after double digit loss and poor defensive performance after poor defensive performance, the light has come on for the Wizards. They have now won five in a row, including road victories over two of the best teams in the Western Conference. Can they keep it up? Beating an undermanned Lakers team was impressive, as was winning in Portland, but a win over the Clippers would top both of those wins.
The Clippers were unfortunate to fall to the Nets on Saturday night after a big rally in teh fourth quarter. But the return of Paul George and Kawhi Leonard could not be more timely. After tonight’s game, the Clippers will embark on a five-game road trip to close out the first half of the season.
Portland Trail Blazers vs Denver Nuggets
- Spread: Trail Blazers +6 (-108), Nuggets -6 (-112)
- Total: OVER 232 (-110), UNDER 232 (-110)
- Moneyline: Trail Blazers +215, Nuggets -260
Entering Saturday’s night game against the Wizards, the Blazers had won six in a row and eight of nine. The expectation would have been for the run to continue, but the Blazers instead fell to the Wizards and followed that by getting routed by the Suns.
Now, they will look to avoid a third straight loss as they visit Denver to face the Nuggets. The Nuggets will be all too happy to be back home after a 1-3 road trip. The Nuggets have lost six of their last seven road games, but they have been a much better team at home recently.
February 23 NBA Betting Trends
Wizards vs Clippers
NBA Betting Matchup: Washington Wizards (11-17, 6-8 away, 14-14-0 ATS, 15-13-0 O/U) vs Los Angeles Clippers (22-10, 11-6 home, 18-14-0 ATS, 19-12-1 O/U)
Key Wizards vs Clippers NBA Betting Trends: This is the first time this season that the Clippers have had three or more straight games fail to go OVER. The OVER is 10-3-0 in the Clippers’ games this season against Eastern Conference teams.
This is the first time that the Wizards have covered in at least five games in a row since the 2018-19 season, when they had a six-game ATS streak. The OVER is 7-3-0 in the Wizards’ games this season against Western Conference opposition.
Trail Blazers vs Nuggets
NBA Betting Matchup: Portland Trail Blazers (18-12, 10-6 away, 16-14-0 ATS, 17-13-0 O/U) vs Denver Nuggets (16-14, 8-6 home, 13-17-0 ATS, 21-9-0 O/U)
Key Trail Blazers vs Nuggets NBA Betting Trends: The Nuggets are 3-7-0 ATS in their last 10 games. Denver is also only 6-8-0 ATS at home, but they are 5-2-0 ATS in their last seven home games. The OVER is 10-4-0 in the Nuggets’ home games this season.
Portland is 11-5-0 ATS on the road this season, and they are 9-7 SU and ATS against Western Conference teams. The OVER is 10-6-0 in Portland’s games against Western Conference teams.
Hawks vs Cavaliers
NBA Betting Matchup: Atlanta Hawks (13-17, 6-8 away, 15-15-0 ATS, 14-16-0 O/U) vs Cleveland Cavaliers (10-21, 7-9 home, 10-21-0 ATS, 13-17-1 O/U)
- Spread: Hawks -7.5 (-110), Cavaliers +7.5 (-110)
- Total: OVER 228 (-110), UNDER 228 (-110)
- Moneyline: Hawks -295, Cavaliers +240
Key Hawks vs Cavaliers NBA Betting Trends: The Cavaliers had a positive start to the season, but they have been woeful over the last several weeks. They have lost 14 of their last 16 games, and they have failed to cover in 13 straight games.
The Hawks are only 4-7-0 ATS in their last 11 games, but they are 8-6-0 ATS on the road.
Pistons vs Magic
NBA Betting Matchup: Detroit Pistons (8-22, 2-14 away, 15-14-1 ATS, 15-15-0 O/U) vs Orlando Magic (13-18, 8-8 home, 15-16-0 ATS, 14-16-1 O/U)
- Spread: Pistons +3.5 (-106), Magic -3.5 (-114)
- Total: OVER 210.5 (-110), UNDER 210.5 (-110)
- Moneyline: Pistons +138, Magic -164
Key Pistons vs Magic NBA Betting Trends: The Magic won 105-96 when these two teams met on Sunday. The Magic have won three in a row and are 5-1-0 ATS in their last six games.
The Pistons have failed to cover in their last three games, which is the longest ATS losing streak that they have had this season.
Kings vs Nets
NBA Betting Matchup: Sacramento Kings (12-18, 5-7 away, 13-17-0 ATS, 20-10-0 O/U) vs Brooklyn Nets (20-12, 11-5 home, 16-16-0 ATS, 22-10-0 O/U)
- Spread: Kings +6 (-110), Nets -6 (-110)
- Total: OVER 242.5 (-110), UNDER 242.5 (-110)
- Moneyline: Kings +205, Nets -250
Key Kings vs Nets NBA Betting Trends: The Nets are 6-0 SU and ATS in their last six. That includes a 136-125 win at Sacramento eight days ago. The Nets are averaging 123.4 points per game against Western Conference teams this season.
The Kings have now lost seven games in a row, and they are 0-7-0 ATS in that stretch. Each loss has been by at least eight points, and the OVER has hit in six straight. That is due in part to the fact that the Kings have allowed an average of 124.3 points per game over this seven-game losing streak.
Warriors vs Knicks
NBA Betting Matchup: Golden State Warriors (16-15, 5-9 away, 15-16-0 ATS, 14-17-0 O/U) vs New York Knicks (15-16, 8-6 home, 17-14-0 ATS, 10-21-0 O/U)
- Spread: Warriors -3.5 (-106), Knicks +3.5 (-114)
- Total: OVER 219.5 (-112), UNDER 219.5 (-108)
- Moneyline: Warriors -154, Knicks +130
Key Warriors vs Knicks NBA Betting Trends: The Knicks are 6-3 SU and 7-2-0 ATS in their last nine games, and they are 6-2-0 ATS in their last eight home games. The Knicks won by 15 at Golden State when the two teams met on January 21.
The Warriors are 7-8 SU and 5-10-0 ATS against Eastern Conference teams this season.
76ers vs Raptors
NBA Betting Matchup: Philadelphia 76ers (20-11, 7-9 away, 15-15-1 ATS, 17-14-0 O/U) vs Toronto Raptors (16-15, 7-6 home, 15-16-0 ATS, 17-14-0 O/U)
- Spread: 76ers -2 (-110), Raptors +2 (-110)
- Total: OVER 222 (-108), UNDER 222 (-112)
- Moneyline: 76ers -124, Raptors +106
Key 76ers vs Raptors NBA Betting Trends: The Raptors beat the Sixers 110-103 two days ago. That was their fourth win in a row, and they are now over .500 for the first time this season. The UNDER is 8-5-0 in the Raptors’ “home” games this season, and it is 4-1-0 in their last five games overall.
The Sixers are 2-4 SU and 1-5-0 ATS in their last six games, and they have lost four road games in a row.
Celtics vs Mavericks
NBA Betting Matchup: Boston Celtics (15-15, 7-10 away, 15-15-0 ATS, 16-14-0 O/U) vs Dallas Mavericks
- Spread: Celtics -1.5 (-106), Mavericks +1.5 (-114)
- Total: OVER 224.5 (-110), UNDER 224.5 (-110)
- Moneyline: Celtics -120, Mavericks +102
Key Celtics vs Mavericks NBA Betting Trends: The Mavs are 3-11-0 ATS in their last 14 games. However, they are on a nice SU run, winning five of their last six games.
The Celtics are 0-4 SU and ATS in their last four road games, and they are 3-6 SU and ATS in their last nine games overall.
Timberwolves vs Bucks
NBA Betting Matchup: Minnesota Timberwolves (7-24, 3-13 away, 14-16-1 ATS, 14-17-0 O/U) vs Milwaukee Bucks (18-13, 11-4 home, 15-16-0 ATS, 18-12-1 O/U)
- Spread: Timberwolves +10.5 (-110), Bucks -10.5 (-110)
- Total: OVER 230.5 (-112), UNDER 230.5 (-108)
- Moneyline: Timberwolves +490, Bucks -670
Key Timberwolves vs Bucks NBA Betting Trends: The Bucks have won and covered in their last two games, both as a double-digit favorite. The Bucks are 9-4-0 ATS this season as a double-digit favorite.
The Timberwolves, who will be playing in their first game with new coach Chris Finch, are 7-8-1 ATS on the road this season and 5-8-0 ATS against Eastern Conference teams.
February 23 NBA Betting: Best Bets
- 1. Wizards vs Clippers OVER: The Clippers’ last few games have gone under, and the Wizards are on a back-to-back. But the numbers favor the over tonight.
- 2. Trail Blazers vs Nuggets OVER: Portland just gave up 132 last night, which is less than ideal with the Nuggets immediately next. They will likely score more than 100 tonight, but this over should not take as long to hit as last night’s did.
- 3. Kings vs Nets OVER: The last meeting went well over, and this one should as well, given how the Kings are faring defensively at the moment.
- 4. Magic to win vs Pistons: The Magic are on a nice run recently, and that should lead to a second win in three days against the Pistons.
- 5. Mavericks to cover and win vs Celtics: The Mavs are playing well recently. Back that run to continue against the Celtics, who are struggling.
- 6. Bucks to cover vs Timberwolves: The Bucks appear to be back on track and should breeze by the T’Wolves.
The post NBA Preview and Best Bets (February 23): Seventh Heaven for Nets? first appeared on Betting News.