One of the most interesting NBA betting matchups of the season is set to take place tonight, as two of the league’s best teams meet for the first of a double dip tonight and Friday night.
The Los Angeles Clippers have been considered an NBA title favorite from the outset of the season, and they have largely backed up that hype, even with Kawhi Leonard and Paul George both missing some time. On the other hand, the Utah Jazz were not overly fancied to start the season. But by virtue of a dominant run to open 2021, have given reason to believe that the Western Conference may not necessarily run through the Staples Center only. Their NBA betting run over the last month and a half has been nothing short of remarkable.
Still, NBA betting odds have been cautious to put the Jazz on the same level as the Clippers, Lakers, Nets, and Bucks. Will that still be the case if they leave LA with their second double-digit win streak of the season, even if the Clippers are without one or both of their stars?
All NBA betting odds are via FanDuel Sportsbook as of Wednesday, February 17 at 6:20 pm ET. Click here for updated NBA odds.
February 17 NBA Betting Schedule
New York Knicks (14-15) vs Orlando Magic (10-18), 7:00 pm ET
Atlanta Hawks (11-16) vs Boston Celtics (14-13), 7:30 pm ET
Houston Rockets (11-16) vs Philadelphia 76ers (18-10), 7:30 pm ET, ESPN
Denver Nuggets (15-12) vs Washington Wizards (8-17), 8:00 pm ET
Indiana Pacers (14-14) vs. Minnesota Timberwolves (7-21), 8:00 pm ET
Detroit Pistons (8-19) vs Chicago Bulls (11-15), 8:00 pm ET
Portland Trail Blazers (17-10) vs New Orleans Pelicans (12-15), 9:00 pm ET
Oklahoma City Thunder (11-16) vs Memphis Grizzlies (11-12), 9:00 pm ET
Miami Heat (11-16) vs Golden State Warriors (15-13), 10:00 pm ET, ESPN
Utah Jazz (23-5) vs Los Angeles Clippers (21-8), 10:00 pm ET
February 17 NBA Betting Game of the Day
Utah Jazz vs Los Angeles Clippers
NBA Betting Matchup: Utah Jazz (23-5, 21-7 ATS, 13-15-0 O/U) vs Los Angeles Clippers (21-8, 17-12 ATS, 19-10-0 O/U)
- Spread: Jazz -4 (-110), Clippers +4 (-110)
- Total: OVER 228.5 (-112), UNDER 228..5 (-108)
- Moneyline: Jazz -178, Clippers +150
While Paul George remains out for the Clippers, Kawhi Leonard has been upgraded to questionable for tonight’s game after missing the last two games. It would be far more exciting from an entertainment standpoint if the Clippers had both Kawhi and PG healthy, without a doubt. But it should still be a great game regardless.
From a betting standpoint, the big question is if the Clippers can keep the Jazz from continuing their amazing run. The Jazz have won eight straight and 19 of 20. 17 of those 19 wins are by double digits.
One would think that the Clippers would be hurting offensively, given that they have had to be without one or both of their stars recently. But that has not been the case. That is an encouraging sign going forward, with the long season and potential injuries in mind. They come into tonight with four straight wins, and they have scored 119, 125, 128, and 125 points in those wins. It helps that Lou Williams continues his personal resurgence. Williams is averaging 23 ppg in his last five games. If the Clippers are to have their best chance tonight, he will need to keep that up.
Key Jazz vs Clippers NBA Betting Trends: THE OVER is 8-1-0 in the Clippers’ last nine games overall, and it is 9-5-0 in their home games this season.
February 17 NBA Betting Best of the Rest
Miami Heat vs Golden State Warriors
NBA Betting Matchup: Miami Heat (11-16, 9-16-1, 12-15-0 O/U) vs Golden State Warriors (15-13, 14-14 ATS, 12-16-0 O/U)
- Spread: Heat +1 (-110), Warriors -1 (-110)
- Total: OVER 222.5 (-110), UNDER 222.5 (-110)
- Moneyline: Heat -102, Warriors -116
Steph Curry continues to pour in the points, but the Warriors are still searching for some winning consistency. Curry has hit the 30-point mark six times in eight February games, but the Warriors are only 4-4 in that stretch. They have, however, won three of four coming into tonight’s tilt. The Heat were surging until they hit the toughest part of their Western road trip. They come into this matchup with losses to the Jazz and Clippers in their last two games.
Key Heat vs Warriors NBA Betting Trends: The Warriors are 7-4-0 ATS this season as a favorite. That includes a 5-3-0 mark as a favorite at home.
February 17 NBA Betting Best Bets
- 1. Jazz vs Clippers OVER: The Clippers have won lately by scoring. That approach will not change tonight.
- 2. Warriors to win and cover vs Heat: The Warriors have been decent at home, posting a 10-6 SU mark (9-7-0 ATS), and as mentioned, they have been solid as a favorite. The Heat are playing better lately, but the Warriors are the play here.
- 3. Trail Blazers vs Pelicans OVER: As has been noted in previous previews, the OVER has been the play for Pelicans games, and it will continue to be.
- 4. 76ers to cover vs Rockets: The Rockets have lost six in a row, and they have failed to cover the spread in all six. Four of the six losses have been by double digits, and 10 of their 16 losses this season are by double digits.
- 5. Nuggets vs Wizards OVER: The OVER is 9-4-0 in Wizards home games this season, and it is also 9-4-0 in Nuggets road games this season.
- 6. Pistons vs Bulls OVER (Bonus Best Bet): The OVER is 9-4-0 in Detroit’s road games this season, and it has hit in the Bulls’ last three games.
The post NBA Preview and Best Bets (February 17): Will the Jazz Make a Statement at Staples? first appeared on Betting News.