Raise your hand if, at any point, you envisioned a Lakers vs Jazz matchup where the Jazz would be favored by as much as they are for tonight’s matchup. It is a strange sight, but the Jazz are a heavy favorite as they gear up to face the reigning champs.
The Lakers have lost three in a row to drop to third in the Western Conference, as injuries are currently taking a toll. The Jazz, meanwhile, keep on coasting along, with only two losses in their last 23 games.
It is a long season, but the Lakers need to stem the skid as soon as possible. Can they do that tonight against the West’s most dominant team?
Los Angeles Lakers vs Utah Jazz Betting Preview Menu
- Lakers vs Jazz Betting Odds and Info
- Lakers Betting Preview
- Jazz Betting Preview
- Lakers vs Jazz Stats, Betting Trends and Best Bets
Los Angeles Lakers vs Utah Jazz Betting Odds and Information
- Matchup: Los Angeles Lakers (22-10, 3rd in Western Conference) vs Utah Jazz (25-6, 1st in Western Conference)
- Date: Wednesday, February 24, 2021
- Time: 10:00 pm ET
- Location: Salt Lake City, Utah (Vivint Arena)
- TV: ESPN
- Spread: Lakers +8 (-106), Jazz -8 (-114)
- Total: OVER 218.5 (-114), UNDER 218.5 (-106)
- Moneyline: Lakers +295, Jazz -370
Lakers vs Jazz betting odds are via FanDuel Sportsbook as of 9:10 am ET. Click here for updated odds.
Los Angeles Lakers Betting Preview
The last week and a half has been a struggle for the Lakers. They are already without longer-term absence Anthony Davis, who will be out beyond the All-Star break due to a calf strain. But point guard Dennis Schroder has missed the last three games as per the league’s health and safety protocol, and he will remain out for tonight’s Lakers vs Jazz matchup.
The Lakers have dropped three in a row without Schroder and four of five overall. His potential return for Friday’s game against Portland will not cure everything, by any stretch. But his return will give the Lakers a little more margin for error for when LeBron James or others need a breather or have a subpar offensive stretch.
Utah Jazz Betting Preview
The Jazz fell short of a second double-digit win streak, as they lost to the Clippers last Friday night despite a furious late rally. But they bounced back Monday night with a 132-110 win over the Charlotte Hornets, outscoring the Hornets 41-20 in the fourth quarter to record their latest blowout win.
After tonight’s game, the Jazz will embark on a four-game road trip to close out the first half of the season. They have been dominant home and away, but they have been especially dominant at home. The Jazz lost their first two home games of the season but have since won 14 straight. Their last 13 home wins have come by double digits.
Los Angeles Lakers vs Utah Jazz Betting Stats and Trends
NBA Betting Matchup: Los Angeles Lakers (22-10, 13-3 away, 14-18-0 ATS, 12-20-0 O/U) vs Utah Jazz (25-6, 14-2 home, 23-8-0 ATS, 14-16-1 O/U)
- The Lakers are an underdog for only the second time this season. The previous time they were, they won 113-106 at Milwaukee on January 21.
- The Lakers are 4-11-0 ATS in their last 15 games.
- The Lakers are 9-7-0 ATS on the road this season.
- The Jazz are 14-0 SU and 13-1-0 ATS in their last 14 home games.
- The OVER is 5-1-0 in Utah’s last six home games.
Los Angeles Lakers vs Utah Jazz Best Bets
The Jazz have been dominant, and that is not to be overlooked. Also, the Lakers are without Anthony Davis and Dennis Schroder and have not looked particularly good. However, these are the very kinds of spots where you are to never count out LeBron James. He is the NBA MVP betting favorite for a reason.
The Lakers may not win, but they will not go down without a fight.
- Los Angeles Lakers to cover vs Utah Jazz
The post Los Angeles Lakers vs Utah Jazz Preview and Best Bets: Can the Champs Respond? first appeared on Betting News.