There is a lot of basketball left before this year’s NBA MVP is decided, but two of the leading candidates will be on display in tonight’s Mavericks vs 76ers matchup.
As the NBA season edges toward its halfway point, the 76ers continue to hold on to top spot in the Eastern Conference. The biggest reason that they are there this season is Joel Embiid, who is healthy and thriving.
Going into the season, Luka Doncic was the NBA MVP betting favorite. However, he dropped down the list due to the Mavs’ early struggles. Now the Mavs are heating up, and Doncic’s MVP candidacy is on the rise.
Dallas Mavericks vs Philadelphia 76ers Betting Preview Menu
- Mavericks vs 76ers Betting Odds and Info
- Mavericks Betting Preview
- 76ers Betting Preview
- Mavericks vs 76ers Betting Stats, Trends, and Best Bets
Dallas Mavericks vs Philadelphia 76ers Betting Odds and Information
- Matchup: Dallas Mavericks (9th in the Western Conference) vs Philadelphia 76ers (1st in the Eastern Conference)
- Date: Thursday, February 25, 2021
- Time: 7:00 pm ET
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (Wells Fargo Arena)
- TV: TNT
- Spread: Mavericks +5 (-114), 76ers -5 (-106)
- Total: OVER 227.5 (-110), UNDER 227.5 (-110)
- Moneyline: Mavericks +168, 76ers -200
Mavericks vs 76ers betting odds are via FanDuel Sportsbook as of Thursday, February 25 at 10:55 am ET. Click here for updated Mavericks vs 76ers betting odds.
Dallas Mavericks Betting Preview
After a 147-116 home loss to the Golden State Warriors on three weeks ago, the Mavs were 9-14 and had lost seven of eight. Now, thanks to a run of six wins in seven games, the Mavs are back at .500 for the first time since January 23.
Luka Doncic continues to be excellent, and he is averaging 28.9 points per game, 8.6 rebounds per game, and 9.2 assists per game. This month, Doncic is averaging 31.7 ppg, 7.6 rpg, 8.8 apg, and he is shooting 48.4 percent from the field and 44.7 percent from three.
While Doncic’s excellence is indisputable, what is really helping the Mavs’ rise is quality contributions from the likes of Jalen Brunson, Tim Hardaway, Jr., and Josh Richardson.
Philadelphia 76ers Betting Preview
Things have been up and down for the 76ers recently, which has allowed the Nets to close the gap atop the Eastern Conference standings.
But they do enter tonight’s game having won three of their last four games, and they are one of only two teams with 13 or more home wins this season.
Joel Embiid comes in off of back-to-back poor shooting showings against the Raptors, going 6 of 20 on Sunday and 3 of 13 Tuesday. But he is getting to the free-throw line at a high, high frequency. In his last 15 games, he has ticked that box all but one time. He shoots over 85 percent from the line, so that is a big asset to have when the baskets aren’t falling.
Dallas Mavericks vs Philadelphia 76ers Betting Stats and Trends
NBA Betting Matchup: Dallas Mavericks (15-15, 7-7 away, 13-17-0 ATS, 15-15-0 O/U) vs Philadelphia 76ers (21-11, 13-2 home, 16-15-1 ATS, 17-15-0 O/U)
- The Mavs are 6-1 SU in their last seven games.
- The Mavs are 4-11-0 ATS in their last 15 games. However, they have covered in their last two games. Only three of their 15 games were on the road.
- The Mavs are 8-6-0 ATS on the road.
- The Mavs are 7-5 SU and 7-5-0 ATS against the Eastern Conference this season.
- In their last 10 games, the 76ers are 4-6-0 ATS.
- The 76ers are 10-5-0 ATS at home.
- The 76ers are 4-6 SU and 4-6-0 ATS against Western Conference teams.
- The OVER is 7-3-0 in the Mavs’ last 10 games and 6-8-0 in their road games.
- The OVER is 9-6-0 in the Sixers’ home games this season.
Dallas Mavericks vs Philadelphia 76ers Best Bets
The best play in this matchup is the OVER. The Sixers have had three straight unders, and the Mavs have had two straight. But the OVER is 5-1-0 in the Sixers’ last six games against the Western Conference, and overs are the most popular outcome for the Mavs lately.
- Mavericks vs 76ers OVER
The post Dallas Mavericks vs Philadelphia 76ers Preview and Best Bets: MVP Candidates Meet in Philly first appeared on Betting News.