Today’s MLB betting card features several eye-catching games as series wrap up around the league. One of the best matchups, if not the best, on today’s slate is the series finale between the Philadelphia Phillies and New York Mets at Citi Field.
It’s been a hotly-contested series thus far. Drama has taken place in each of the first three games between the NL East rivals. Both games in Friday’s doubleheader split went to extra innings, while the Mets captured yesterday’s game in walk-off fashion in the bottom of the ninth.
Good pitching has been a highlight of the series, and it also should be in the series finale. Both starting pitchers today are on track for career-best seasons and have been among the league’s best pitchers in 2021, though their records don’t necessarily reflect it.
Zack Wheeler has been mowing down batter after batter this season and is among the league leaders in strikeouts. Meanwhile, Marcus Stroman has been fantastic this season after sitting out last season. However, he is coming off of a start in which he exited early due to injury, so that will be something to keep an eye on today.
Philadelphia Phillies (35-39) vs New York Mets (40-32), MLB Network, 1:10 pm ET
- Philadelphia Phillies: Zack Wheeler (5-4, 2.36 ERA)
- New York Mets: Marcus Stroman (6-5, 2.32 ERA)
Phillies vs Mets Betting Odds
- Moneyline: Phillies -104, Mets -112
- Total: OVER 7.5 (-106), UNDER 7.5 (-114)
- Run Line: Phillies =1.5 (+180), Mets +1.5 (+220)
Odds are via FanDuel Sportsbook as of Saturday, June 26 at 10:41 am ET. For MLB odds for today’s other matchups, check out our MLB odds.
Phillies vs Mets Betting Consensus
- Moneyline: 60% Phillies, 40% Mets
- Total: 40% OVER, 60% UNDER (at O/U 7.5)
- Run Line: 100% Phillies, 0% Mets (at +/-1.5)
Philadelphia Phillies vs New York Mets June 27 Matchup: Picks, Odds, Stats and More
Home Success Gives Mets Edge in Tight Matchup
With two top hurlers on the hill today, another tight, low-scoring game is a reasonable expectation.
What shifts the matchup in the Mets’ favor is the disparity in home and away form for the Mets and Phillies and for Stroman and Wheeler.
The Mets are one of MLB’s best home teams, with yesterday’s win taking them to 24-10 at home this season. The only other team in the league with ten or fewer home losses are the San Francisco Giants, who have the league’s best home (26-10) and overall (50-26) records.
The Phillies, however, are one of the league’s worst teams on the road. With yesterday’s loss, the Phillies are now 14-25 on the road this season. The only teams with fewer road wins than the Phillies are the Colorado Rockies, Arizona Diamondbacks, Texas Rangers, Pittsburgh Pirates, and Baltimore Orioles. Yesterday’s loss ensured that the Phillies would remain stuck on one road series win for the season.
How do today’s starters stack up home and away?
Zack Wheeler Home vs Away
- Home: 9 starts, 3-2, 2.05 ERA, 61.1 IP, 76 K, 8 BB
- Away: 6 starts, 2-2, 2.84 ERA, 38 IP, 46 K, 15 BB
Marcus Stroman Home and Away
- Home: 7 starts, 3-2, 1.96 ERA, 36.2 IP, 31 K, 10 BB
- Away: 8 starts, 3-3, 2.59 ERA, 48.2 IP, 44 K, 11 BB
Taking the Phillies’ road struggles into consideration, the Mets are where the MLB betting value is for this one. Interestingly, the line is actually moving in favor of the Phillies as we get closer to game time, having moved from +108/-126 to -104/-112. That only serves to make the Mets an even more appealing option.
Phillies vs Mets Best Bet: Mets ML – Wheeler being on the mound means shorter odds for the Phillies than they would otherwise have here. In turn, the number for the Mets today is extremely favorable, especially with the line moving more in favor of the Phillies.
June 27 MLB Betting Matchups – National League
MLB Betting Matchup: Atlanta Braves vs Cincinnati Reds, Bally Sports Ohio, 1:10 pm ET
- Atlanta Braves: Kyle Muller (0-1, 5.40 ERA)
- Cincinnati Reds: Tyler Mahle (7-2, 3.56 ERA)
Atlanta Braves vs Cincinnati Reds June 27 Matchup: Picks, Odds, Stats and More
MLB Betting Matchup: Washington Nationals vs Miami Marlins, Bally Sports Florida, 1:10 pm ET
- Washington Nationals: Max Scherzer (6-4, 2.19 ERA)
- Miami Marlins: Sandy Alcantara (4-6, 2.93 ERA)
Washington Nationals vs Miami Marlins June 27 Matchup: Picks, Odds, Stats and More
MLB Betting Matchup: Colorado Rockies vs Milwaukee Brewers, Bally Sports Wisconsin, 2:10 pm ET
- Colorado Rockies: Chi Chi Gonzalez (2-4, 6.12 ERA)
- Milwaukee Brewers: Eric Lauer (1-3, 5.21 ERA)
Colorado Rockies vs Milwaukee Brewers June 27 Matchup: Picks, Odds, Stats and More
MLB Betting Matchup: Pittsburgh Pirates vs St. Louis Cardinals, Bally Sports Midwest, 2:15 pm ET
- Pittsburgh Pirates: Max Kranick (MLB debut)
- St. Louis Cardinals: Johan Oviedo (0-3, 4.62 ERA)
Pittsburgh Pirates vs St. Louis Cardinals June 27 Matchup: Picks, Odds, Stats and More
MLB Betting Matchup: Arizona Diamondbacks vs San Diego Padres
- Arizona Diamondbacks: Zac Gallen (1-3, 3.67 ERA)
- San Diego Padres: Yu Darvish (7-2, 2.50 ERA)
Arizona Diamondbacks vs San Diego Padres June 27 Matchup: Picks, Odds, Stats and More
MLB Betting Matchup: Chicago Cubs vs Los Angeles Dodgers, ESPN, 7:00 pm ET
- Chicago Cubs: Adbert Alzolay (4-6, 4.19 ERA)
- Los Angeles Dodgers: Clayton Kershaw (8-7, 3.43 ERA)
Chicago Cubs vs Los Angeles Dodgers June 27 Matchup: Picks, Odds, Stats and More
The post Philadelphia Phillies vs New York Mets Preview (June 27): Stroman, Mets look to seal series win over Wheeler, Phillies first appeared on Betting News.