After a thriller in Game 1 of their NBA playoff series, it looks like we could be in for a memorable series between the Brooklyn Nets and Boston Celtics.
In Game 1, the Nets trailed by 11 to open the fourth quarter, but a 22-6 run saw them take a five-point lead with 5:30 left. The two teams both hit big shots down the stretch, but after Kyrie Irving hit a tiebreaker three in the final minute, the two biggest baskets belonged to the Celtics, who snatched a 115-114 win at the horn with Jayson Tatum’s layup with no time left.
What does Game 2 tonight have in store?
After just missing the opportunity to grab a crucial road win, the Nets need a win tonight to avoid going back to Brooklyn with a 2-0 deficit.
And for the Celtics, while opening the series with two home wins won’t put them in an unassailable position, it will give them the best possible margin for error as they hit the road.
#7 Brooklyn Nets vs. #2 Boston Celtics Game 2 Betting Odds and Matchup Information
- Game Matchup: Brooklyn Nets (44-38, #7 seed in the Eastern Conference) vs. Boston Celtics (51-31, #2 seed in the Eastern Conference)
- Venue & Location: TD Garden (Boston, Massachusetts)
- Date: Wednesday, April 20, 2022
- Time: 7:00 p.m. ET
- How to Watch Nets vs. Celtics Game 2: TNT
Nets vs. Celtics Game 2 Betting Odds
- Spread: Brooklyn Nets +3 (-112), Boston Celtics -3 (-108)
- Over/Under: OVER 226 (-110), UNDER 226 (-110)
- Moneyline: Brooklyn Nets +134, Boston Celtics -158
- Spread: Brooklyn Nets +3.5 (-110), Boston Celtics -3.5 (-110)
- Over/Under: OVER 226 (-110), UNDER 226 (-110)
- Moneyline: Brooklyn Nets +140, Boston Celtics -160
- Spread: Brooklyn Nets +3.5 (-109), Boston Celtics -3.5 (-112)
- Over/Under: OVER 226 (-113), UNDER 226 (-109)
- Moneyline: Brooklyn Nets +135, Boston Celtics -162
Expect KD to Rebound After Poor Shooting in Game 1
In Game 1, the Nets nearly pulled off the win despite Kevin Durant having a poor shooting performance. KD was only 9 of 24 from the field and made just one of his five attempts from three as he finished with 23 points. KD also turned the ball over six times and received a plus/minus of -13 for the game.
The Nets nearly won thanks to Kyrie, who had 39 points (12 of 20 FG, 6-10 3PT, 9-9 FT), five rebounds, six assists, and four steals. But a defensive breakdown at the worst possible time saw Tatum get free to collect Marcus Smart’s pass and put in the winning basket.
But in the end, had Durant been more like himself, the Nets would not have been in the position that they were in, so there is plenty of responsibility to be shared for the loss.
Fortunately, all signs point to a big response by KD in Game 2, just as Joel Embiid had in Game 2 of the 76ers vs. Raptors series after going only 5 for 15 from the field in Game 1.
Like Embiid, KD has a pretty strong trend of bouncing back well from poor shooting performances.
This season, whenever he has shot under 50 percent in a game, he has shot 50 percent or better in the next game 17 of 20 times.
And when he has shot under 40 percent this season, he has hit at least 50 percent of his shots in the next game every time. The latter has happened only seven times in the 57 games he has played this season, which is notable in itself. And even more notably, the Nets have won every game thus far.
Statistics for Kevin Durant in 2021-22 Games After Shooting Under 40 Percent in the Previous Game’
- 11/17/21 vs. Cavs (W): 23 points, 9-16 FG (56.3%), 2-3 3PT, 3-3 FT
- 12/3/21 vs. Timberwolves (W): 30 points, 9-18 FG (50%), 0-1 3PT, 12-13 FT
- 1/5/22 vs. Pacers (W): 39 points, 15-24 FG (62.5%), 2-6 3PT, 7-7 FT
- 3/29/22 vs. Pistons (W): 41 points, 14-23 FG (60.9%), 4-6 3PT, 9-9 FT
- 4/6/22 vs. Knicks (W): 32 points, 11-22 FG (50%), 2-10 3PT, 8-9 FT
- 4/12/22 vs. Cavs (W – NBA Play-In Tournament): 25 points, 9-16 FG (56.3%), 1-2 3PT, 6-6 FT
- 4/20/22 vs. Celtics: ?
It would certainly be ideal for the Nets to get a little more from the supporting cast, it must be said. Other than KD and Kyrie, only two other players reached double figures, and those two players had 14 (Goran Dragic) and 13 (Nic Claxton).
But what they got from the supporting cast was going to be enough until Tatum’s buzzer-beater.
Nets vs. Celtics Game 2 Prediction and Best Spread & Over/Under Bets
Prediction: Nets 124, Celtics 118
Best Bets: Nets +3.5 (-109 at BetRivers) and OVER 226 (-110 at FanDuel Sportsbook and Caesars Sportsbook)
The Nets were a half-decent performance by KD from potentially winning this one without any late drama, so they are not helpless, hopeless, or hapless at all.
With Durant playing more like himself and Kyrie continuing to ball out, the Nets will be able to take a tied series back to Barclays Center.
Best Game 2 Prop Pick for Nets vs. Celtics: Kyrie Irving OVER 28.5 Points (-110 at FanDuel Sportsbook)
After all that transpired between him and the TD Garden crowd in Game 1, Kyrie will go off again tonight if for no other reason than to get at them in the best way possible. He won’t need another 39-point game for the Nets to grab a win, but he will do more than enough to get this bet over the line.
The post Nets-Celtics Prediction, Best Spread & Prop Bets for Game 2 appeared first on Betting News.