Tony Gonsolin’s All-Star Game experience at his home stadium did not go as he would have hoped, but he will be out to show why he landed in the Midsummer Classic tonight as he and the Dodgers begin their series against the Washington Nationals.
In last week’s All-Star Game at Dodger Stadium, Gonsolin gave up back-to-back homers to Giancarlo Stanton and Byron Buxton in the fourth inning. Those two blasts accounted for all three of the American League’s runs for the night, but they were enough for a 3-2 win, the ninth ASG win in a row for the AL.
As a result, Gonsolin was tagged with the loss, which is one more loss than he has in games that count this season. Tonight, he’ll look to tie Atlanta’s Kyle Wright for the NL lead in wins as he faces MLB’s worst team.
The Nats go into this series after winning on Sunday, but they still opened the second half by losing their sixth straight series in July. The odds certainly aren’t in their favor tonight in L.A., but anything can happen in the game of baseball.
Washington Nationals vs. Los Angeles Dodgers Matchup Information and Betting Odds
- Matchup: Washington Nationals (32-65, 17-29 away, 5th in the NL East) vs. Los Angeles Dodgers (64-30, 34-13 home, 1st in the NL West)
- Venue & Location: Dodger Stadium (Los Angeles, California)
- Date: Monday, July 25, 2022
- Game Time: 10:10 p.m. Eastern Time (7:10 p.m. local time)
- How to Watch Nationals vs. Dodgers: MLB Network
Nationals vs. Dodgers Pitching Matchup
- Washington Nationals: Paolo Espino (2022: 27 appearances – 7 starts, 0-3, 3.57 ERA)
- Los Angeles Dodgers: Tony Gonsolin (2022: 17 starts, 11-0, 2.02 ERA)
Nationals vs. Dodgers Odds
Game odds are via FanDuel. Odds from other top online sports betting sites may also be included in this article.
- Washington Nationals +245
- Los Angeles Dodgers -300
- Over 8.5 (-106)
- Under 8.5 (-114)
- Washington Nationals +1.5 (+125)
- Los Angeles Dodgers -1.5 (-150)
Washington Nationals vs. Los Angeles Dodgers Prediction and Best Bets
Nationals vs. Dodgers Prediction: Dodgers to win
Nationals vs. Dodgers Best Bets: Dodgers -1.5 (Best Value: -137 at BetRivers)
More Nationals vs. Dodgers Content
- Nationals vs. Dodgers Picks, Stats & Trends (7/25)
More MLB Content Today on Betting News
- Angels vs. Royals Prediction & Best Bets for 7/25
The post Nationals vs. Dodgers (July 25): Gonsolin goes for a dozen to tie Wright atop NL charts appeared first on Betting News.