Tampa Bay did their part at home to rally from a 2-0 series hole. The series is now tied 2-2 as we shift our focus back to Madison Square Garden.
The Rangers were 20 minutes away from a 3-0 series lead. Instead, they now find themselves tied up with all of their momentum stollen away.
The teams will now travel back to Madison Square Garden, where the Rangers are 8-1 this postseason. After a tough two games in Tampa, the Rangers will be eager to return to the home faithful.
This series will go at least 6 games, but with both teams flawless at home, there is a good chance we see the Rangers in their 3rd straight 7 game series.
The Lightning are still slight favorites at Caesars Sportsbook, even with the home success of the Rangers. This will be the 5th straight game in the series that Tampa is the favorite.
Lightning vs. Rangers Game 5 Info and Betting Odds
- Game Matchup: Tampa Bay Lightning (2-2) vs. New York Rangers (2-2)
- Venue & Location: Madison Square Garden (New York City, New York)
- Date: Thursday, June 9, 2022
- Time: 8:00 p.m. ET
- How to Watch Lightning vs. Rangers Game 5 on TV: ESPN
Lightning vs. Rangers Game 5 Odds
Odds are via our top reviewed and recommended sportsbooks.
- Puck Line: Tampa Bay Lightning -1.5 (+190), New York Rangers +1.5 (-235)
- Over/Under: Over 5.5 (+116), Under 5.5 (-142)
- Moneyline: Tampa Bay Lightning -130, New York Rangers +108
- Puck Line: Tampa Bay Lightning -1.5 (+205), New York Rangers +1.5 (-250)
- Over/Under: Over 5.5 (+125), Under 5.5 (-145)
- Moneyline: Tampa Bay Lightning -125, New York Rangers +105
- Puck Line: Tampa Bay Lightning -1.5 (+195), New York Rangers +1.5 (-240)
- Over/Under: Over 5.5 (+120), Under 5.5 (-141)
- Moneyline: Tampa Bay Lightning -134, New York Rangers +116
Team Home vs. Away Splits in Playoffs
New York Rangers
- Overall: 10-8
- Home: 8-1
- Away: 2-7
Tampa Bay Lightning
- Overall: 10-5
- Home: 6-1
- Away: 4-4
What the Splits Mean for the Series
If the trends continue, and both teams stay perfect at home, it will come down to a Game 7 at Madison Square Garden, and the Rangers will have the advantage. Two combined losses at home prove that we are dealing with the best teams at home throughout these Stanley Cup Playoffs.
In this series, the home team has dominated. Two of the four games have been decided by 3 goals or more, and the teams are feeding off the momentum of the home crowd.
The Rangers have won 8 straight games at home, and they don’t care if they are the underdog. They have pulled out two wins in the series as underdogs so far, so it has been shown that the teams are fairly even in talent.
The Lightning have played far less games than the Rangers, due to their 4 game sweep of the Florida Panthers in the second round. They don’t have a losing record on the road, but they have struggled more so than when they play at home.
Heading into Game 5, the winner will have the best chance to advance to the Final. Every game will feel like an elimination game, as both teams try to win 2 of the next 3 and punch their ticket to Colorado.
Lightning vs. Rangers Game 5 Prediction and Best Bets
Tampa Bay Lightning vs. New York Rangers Prediction: Rangers 3, Lightning 2
Best Bets: Rangers on the moneyline (+116 at BetRivers)
The best value lies in the Rangers as the underdogs. They feel like the favorite with their strong play at home. Eight straight wins at Madison Square Garden speaks for itself. The Rangers are hard to beat at home.
The Rangers outscored Tampa 9-4 in the first two games of the series. I expect a similar outcome when the teams meet up for Game 5 on Thursday night.
The post Lightning vs. Rangers Game 5 Odds and Prediction: New York Extends Home Winning Streak appeared first on Betting News.