As Week 2 of the 2022 NFL season wraps up on Monday, some fans and bettors are already looking ahead to the Week 3 action. Fans will be treated to an NFC East battle over the weekend when the Philadelphia Eagles go head-to-head with the Washington Commanders.
The Eagles worked tough on both sides of the ball in their 24-7 victory over the Minnesota Vikings. While Philadelphia amassed 486 total offensive yards, Nick Sirianni’s squad held the Vikings to just 264 yards while also forcing Kirk Cousins to throw three interceptions.
On the other hand, the Commanders could get the job done against the Detroit Lions in Week 2, losing 36-27. Washington put itself in a tough spot by trailing 22-0 after halftime, meaning the Commanders can’t risk another slow start if they hope to defeat their rivals.
Betting News has gathered the latest Eagles vs Commanders odds from FanDuel Sportsbook to help shed some light on the situation, along with a prediction and best bets for the NFL Week 3 game.
Philadelphia Eagles vs Washington Commanders Week 3 Matchup Information and Betting Odds
- Matchup: Philadelphia Eagles (2-0, 1-0 Away) vs. Washington Commanders (1-1, 1-0 Home)
- Venue & Location: FedExField (Landover, Maryland)
- Date: Sunday, Sept. 25, 2022
- Game Time: 1 p.m. Eastern Time
- Eagles vs Commanders Info: FOX, NFL+
Eagles vs Commanders Odds
Game odds are via FanDuel as of Thursday, Sept. 22 at 8:32 a.m. ET. Odds from other top online sportsbooks may also be mentioned in this article.
- Philadelphia Eagles -6.5 (-106)
- Washington Commanders +6.5 (-114)
- Over 47.5 (-110)
- Under 47.5 (-110)
- Philadelphia Eagles -290
- Washington Commanders +240
Eagles vs Commanders Betting Trends
- Philadelphia is 5-2 straight up in its last seven road games.
- Washington is 2-8 straight up in its last 10 games against Philadelphia.
- Philadelphia is 6-3-1 against the spread (ATS) in its last 10 games against Washington.
- Washington is 1-6 ATS in its last seven games played in September.
- The total has hit the under in four of Philadelphia’s last six games played in September.
- The total has hit the under in five of Washington’s last six home games.
Philadelphia Eagles vs Washington Commanders Prediction and Picks
Eagles vs Commanders Prediction: Eagles 30, Commanders 14
Eagles vs Commanders Picks: Eagles -6.5 (Best Value: -106 at FanDuel) & Under 47.5 Points (Best Value: -110 at FanDuel)
After an offseason filled with major changes, the Eagles have looked like one of the NFL’s best teams through two weeks. Everything is clicking on both sides of the ball, making it look like their dominance over the Commanders is likely to continue.
The fact of the matter is that the Commanders still aren’t that great of a team. While the arrival of Carson Wentz and Jahan Dotson has had positive impacts on the passing game, scoring is going to be tough against a Philadelphia secondary that practically shut Justin Jefferson down in Week 2.
Most of Washington’s offense has come from its passing game, however, Philadelphia is allowing only 203.5 passing yards per game (No. 12) thus far.
The Commanders could be forced to run the ball more, which is something they haven’t done well this year. Their 86.5 rushing yards per game (T-No. 24) and 3.5 yards per carry (No. 27) are both among the worst in the league.
The Eagles should also win due to the Commanders defense not being that great. They’re allowing 29.0 points per game (T-No. 27) and just allowed Lions wideout Amon-Ra St. Brown to torch them for 184 total yards from scrimmage, which is promising for Philadelphia wide receivers A.J. Brown and DeVonta Smith.
Overall, I just don’t think that the Commanders have the talent to keep up with the Eagles. Besides, Washington couldn’t defeat Detroit last week, whereas Philadelphia was able to thwart the Lions in Week 1.
Throw in the fact that the Eagles have won eight of their last 10 games against the Commanders, including both of last year’s games, and it isn’t hard to like Philly in Week 3.
The Eagles’ last eight victories over the Commanders have an average win margin of 11.4 points, so I’m more than comfortable with backing Philly as 6.5-point favorites.
I also think that the Eagles’ stout defense will shut down the Commanders, for the most part, leading to the under being hit, just like it has twice in the last three meetings.
Other NFL Week 3 Articles on Betting News
- Steelers vs. Browns Week 3 Betting: Back Browns to Get Back on Track in Rivalry Game
- Packers vs Bucs Week 3 Betting: Who Wins the Next Rodgers vs Brady Matchup?
- Bills vs Dolphins Week 3 Betting: Back Buffalo, the Over in Miami
- Cowboys vs. Giants Week 3 Betting: New York Primed for Second Straight Home Win
- Raiders vs. Titans Week 3 Betting: Which Team Will Win Its First Game of the 2022 Season?
The post Eagles vs Commanders Week 3 Betting: Don’t Expect Philly to Be Challenged by Washington in NFC East Battle appeared first on Betting News.