The NFL Week 18 schedule has a ton of action in store for fans, including an NFC East showdown between the Dallas Cowboys and Washington Commanders. Dallas needs a win to stay in contention for the top seed in the NFC, whereas Washington looks to play spoiler with nothing to lose. Needless to say, there’s a lot on the line in the latest chapter of the Cowboys vs Commanders rivalry.
The Cowboys have been playing some solid football lately, improving to 6-1 in their last seven games with a 27-13 win over the Tennessee Titans last week. Quarterback Dak Prescott threw for 282 passing yards and two touchdowns (with two interceptions) while Dallas’ defense took advantage of a banged-up Titans offense.
Meanwhile, the Commanders lost their third straight out in Week 17, falling 24-10 to the Cleveland Browns. Washington is only playing for pride at this point, leaving time to tell if the Commanders have what it takes to send the Cowboys into the postseason on a sour note.
Betting News has gathered the latest Cowboys vs Commanders odds from FanDuel Sportsbook to help shed some light on the situation, along with a prediction and best bets for the NFL Week 18 game.
Dallas Cowboys vs Washington Commanders Week 18 Matchup Information and Betting Odds
- Matchup: Dallas Cowboys (12-4, 4-3 Away) vs. Washington Commanders (7-8-1, 3-5 Home)
- Venue & Location: FedExField (Landover, Maryland)
- Date: Sunday, Jan. 8, 2023
- Game Time: 4:25 p.m. Eastern Time
- Cowboys vs Commanders Info: FOX
Cowboys vs Commanders Odds
Game odds are via FanDuel as of Thursday, Jan. 5 at 9:08 a.m. ET. Odds from other top online sportsbooks may also be mentioned in this article.
- Dallas Cowboys -7 (-110)
- Washington Commanders +7 (-110)
- Over 40.5 Points (-112)
- Under 40.5 Points (-108)
- Dallas Cowboys -320
- Washington Commanders +260
Dallas Cowboys vs Washington Commanders Betting Trends
- Dallas is 10-3 straight up in its last 13 games against Washington.
- Washington is 3-11 straight up in its last 14 games in January.
- Dallas is 12-4 against the spread (ATS) in its last 16 road games.
- Washington is 3-7 ATS in its last 10 games against Dallas.
- The total has hit the over in six of Dallas’ last seven games against the NFC East.
- The total has hit the under in six of Washington’s last seven home games.
Cowboys vs Commanders Prediction and Picks
Cowboys vs Commanders Prediction: Cowboys 27, Commanders 13
Cowboys vs Commanders Picks: Cowboys -7 (Best Value: -110 at FanDuel) & Under 40.5 Points (Best Value: -108 at FanDuel)
As proven by the above betting trends, the Cowboys have had the Commanders’ number for quite some time. It was back in October that Dallas beat Washington 25-10, marking the former’s 10th win in the last 13 meetings between these NFC East rivals.
In fact, the Cowboys have now won three games in a row against the Commanders, outscoring them by a combined total of 108-44 over that stretch.
The Commanders haven’t given any reasons to believe that they can upset the Cowboys this weekend, especially judging by the former’s recent play. The Commanders are scoring an average of only 14 points over their three-game slide, being held to 12 or fewer on two occasions.
Now, they must face a Cowboys defense that surrenders the six-fewest points (19.8 PPG) this season. On top of that, Dallas has also racked up 51 sacks (No. 3) and an NFL-leading 32 takeaways, meaning it’ll be a long day for whichever quarterback — Carson Wentz or Taylor Heinicke — is under center for the Commanders.
Playing at home doesn’t even give the Commanders much of an advantage. For starters, their minus-3.9 home scoring margin ranks fourth-worst in the league. It also doesn’t help that they’ve lost their last two games at FedExField.
Secondly, Washington has last seven of the last nine Cowboys vs Commanders matchups at home. Considering how the Cowboys are coming off an impressive road showing last week, I see the Commanders continuing to have issues in their own stadium.
When the dust settles, I see the Cowboys covering the 7-point spread in this one. On top of being 12-4 ATS in their last 16 road games, the Cowboys are also 6-2 ATS in their last eight games against the Commanders.
I’m also backing the total going hitting the over. The Cowboys have the offense to do most of the heavy lifting. Furthermore, the over has been hit in 10 of the last 14 Cowboys vs Commanders matchups.
Other Cowboys vs Commanders Resources
- Cowboys vs Commanders Consensus Picks, Score Projections & Betting Stats
Other NFL Week 18 Articles on Betting News
- Titans vs Jaguars Week 18 Betting: Which Team Takes Home the AFC South Crown?
- Chiefs vs Raiders Week 18 Betting: Kansas City Continues Dominating Las Vegas En Route to Playoffs
- Giants vs Eagles Week 18 Betting: Philadelphia Beats Up New York, Clinches No. 1 NFC Seed
The post Cowboys vs Commanders Week 18 Betting: Dallas Rides Into Playoffs With Much-Needed Momentum appeared first on Betting News.