The NFL’s Week 12 slate includes the Arizona Cardinals hosting the Los Angeles Chargers for a showdown on Sunday. Neither team has found as much success as they’d like this season, however, one team must win this weekend. Both sides are outside of the playoffs at the moment, making a win crucial for both sides of this Chargers vs Cardinals matchup.
The Chargers desperately need a win here, having lost three of their last four games after a 4-2 start to the year. Considering how they blew four different leads in their 30-27 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs last week, the Chargers need to approach this game with a full 60-minute effort.
Meanwhile, the Cardinals have also been defeated three times in their last four outings. Their most recent loss was an embarrassing 38-10 blowout loss to the San Francisco 49ers in Mexico City on Monday, leaving time to tell exactly how Kliff Kingsbury will get his players back on track.
Betting News has gathered the latest Chargers vs Cardinals odds from FanDuel Sportsbook to help shed some light on the situation, along with a prediction and best bets for the NFL Week 12 game.
Los Angeles Chargers vs Arizona Cardinals Week 12 Matchup Information and Betting Odds
- Matchup: Los Angeles Chargers (5-5, 3-2 Away) vs. Arizona Cardinals (4-7, 1-5 Home)
- Venue & Location: State Farm Stadium (Glendale, Arizona)
- Date: Sunday, Nov. 27 2022
- Game Time: 4:05 p.m. Eastern Time
- Chargers vs Cardinals Info: CBS, NFL+, Paramount+
Chargers vs Cardinals Early Odds
Game odds are via FanDuel as of Thursday, Nov. 42 at 8:59 a.m. ET. Odds from other top online sportsbooks may also be mentioned in this article.
- Los Angeles Chargers -3 (-105)
- Arizona Cardinals +3 (-115)
- Over 48.5 Points (-110)
- Under 48.5 Points (-110)
- Los Angeles Chargers -164
- Arizona Cardinals +138
Los Angeles Chargers vs Arizona Cardinals Betting Trends
- The Chargers are 5-0 against the spread (ATS) in their last five road games.
- Arizona is 0-5 ATS in its last five home games against the Chargers.
- The Chargers are 4-10 straight up in their last 14 games played in November.
- Arizona is 1-10 straight up in its last 10 home games.
- The total has hit the over in seven of the Chargers’ last nine games against the NFC West.
- The total has hit the over in each of Arizona’s last five games.
Los Angeles Chargers vs Arizona Cardinals Prediction and Picks
Chargers vs Cardinals Prediction: Chargers 30, Cardinals 24
Chargers vs Cardinals Picks: Chargers -3 (Best Value: -105 at FanDuel) & Over 48.5 Points (Best Value: -110 at FanDuel)
The talk of the week has been whether it’ll be Kyler Murray or Colt McCoy starting under center for the Cardinals this week. Murray missed the last two games with a hamstring injury, however, he was a full participant at Wednesday’s practice, so chances are he’ll be back to face the Chargers.
Still, it’s not like Murray’s return instantly solves his team’s problems. In fact, the Cardinals have actually lost four of the 25-year-old’s last five starts. Arizona only generated an average of 18.3 points in those four losses while only defeating the underperforming New Orleans Saints over that span.
Making matters worse for the Cardinals is the fact that they’re only 1-5 at State Farm Stadium in 2022. Making matters worse, they’re allowing the second-most points (29.8) and total yards (419.8) at home while also boasting the third-worst point differential (minus-7.2) in their own stadium.
Have the Chargers been anything special this season? No, but I expect them to take advantage of this situation. Even with all the shortcomings that they’ve endured this year, the Chargers still average 24.8 PPG on the road — seventh-most in the NFL.
Los Angeles QB Justin Herbert just threw for 280 passing yards and two touchdowns (with an interception) against the Chiefs, so chances are that he can exploit the Cards. It also helps that he’ll likely have No. 1 WR Keenan Allen back at his disposal.
Having said that, it’ll be interesting to see if fellow wideout Mike Williams’ ankle will heal in time to play.
Taking the above into account, I’m backing the Chargers to win what’ll likely be a high-scoring affair. The Cardinals are just too bad at home to trust and the fact that Murray has struggled to win games lately is a concern.
Regardless, there should be a lot of points on the board. Not only has the total gone over in two of the last three Chargers vs Cardinals matchups, but it’s also gone over in each of Arizona’s last five games, as well as in 11 of Los Angeles’ 16 most recent outings.
There’s also the fact that the two sides are allowing a combined 52.7 PPG this season, increasingly the likelihood of a shootout.
I’m also backing the Chargers to cover the 3-point spread. The Cardinals have lost 10 of their last 11 home games with those losses coming by an average margin of 12.3 points. With Arizona being 0-5 against the spread in its last five games against Los Angeles, the Chargers shouldn’t have any issues covering on Sunday.
Other NFL Week 12 Stories on Betting News
- Packers vs Eagles Week 12 SNF Betting: Philly Puts Final Nail in Green Bay’s Coffin
- Steelers vs Colts Week 12 MNF Betting: Expect Low Offensive Numbers at Lucas Oil Stadium
- Saints vs 49ers Prediction: The Offensive Firepower of the Niners Too Hot to Handle
- Ravens vs Jaguars Prediction: Back the Ravens for 5 in a Row
- Rams vs Chiefs Prediction & Picks: Will Mahomes inflict more misery on the champs?
- Buccaneers vs Browns Week 12 Betting: Tampa Bay Continues Cleveland’s Downward Spiral
The post Chargers vs Cardinals Week 12 Betting: Los Angeles Edges Arizona in Afternoon Shootout appeared first on Betting News.