The Boston Bruins and Carolina Hurricanes are set to clash in the opening round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Carolina swept the regular season series between the two teams, 3 games to 0.
Carolina enters the postseason on a six game win streak and winning 8 of their last 10. Boston won 4 of their last 5 games which helped them to secure the top Wild Card spot in the East.
Both teams enter the series Top 5 in total defense and are not allowing many goals. Carolina allowed the least goals in the league this year (2.44 per game). Boston was fourth best in the same category (2.66 per game).
Carolina Hurricanes (Metropolitan Division #1) vs. Boston Bruins (Eastern Conference Wildcard #1) Series Information and Betting Odds
Hurricanes vs. Bruins Series Schedule, Game Times, and TV Info
- Hurricanes vs. Bruins (Game 1 – at PNC Arena, Raleigh, NC): Monday, May 2, 7:00 p.m. ET, ESPN
- Hurricanes vs. Bruins (Game 2 – at PNC Arena, Raleigh, NC): Wednesday, May 4, 7:00 p.m. ET, ESPN
- Bruins vs. Hurricanes (Game 3 – at TD Garden, Boston): Friday, May 6, 7:00 p.m. ET, TNT
- Bruins vs. Hurricanes (Game 4 – at TD Garden, Boston): Sunday, May 8, 12:30 p.m. ET, ESPN
- Hurricanes vs. Bruins (Game 5 – at PNC Arena, Raleigh, NC): Tuesday, May 10, time and TV TBD – if necessary
- Bruins vs. Hurricanes (Game 6 – at TD Garden, Boston): Thursday, May 12, time and TV TBD – if necessary
- Hurricanes vs. Bruins (Game 7 – at PNC Arena, Raleigh, NC): Saturday, May 14, time and TV TBD – if necessary
Hurricanes vs. Bruins Series Betting Odds
Odds are via FanDuel.
Odds to Win the Series
- Carolina Hurricanes -125
- Boston Bruins +104
Series Correct Score Odds
- Carolina 4-0 (+1120)
- Carolina 4-1 (+520)
- Carolina 4-2 (+520)
- Carolina 4-3 (+410)
- Boston 4-0 (+1200)
- Boston 4-1 (+710)
- Boston 4-2 (+440)
- Boston 4-3 (+540)
Series Total Games Odds
- Four Games: +580
- Five Games: +270
- Six Games: +194
- Seven Games: +194
Hurricanes vs. Bruins 2021-22 Season Head-to-Head Results
- October 28, 2021 (at Carolina): Hurricanes 3, Bruins 0
- January 28, 2022 (at Boston): Hurricanes 7, Bruins 1
- February 10, 2022 (at Boston): Hurricanes 6, Bruins 0
In the regular season, Carolina outscored Boston 16-1 and posted two shutouts. The top-ranked defense for the Hurricanes played a big part in silencing the Bruin’s sticks.
Goaltending hasn’t been too shabby either. Carolina recorded 6 total shutouts this year and holds the best combined goals against average (2.44).
If the Bruins are going to pull the upset in this series, they will have to improve their shooting percentage. Only 8.5 % of shots have found the back of the net, which ranks 30th out of 32 teams.
Boston’s total offense will need to improve as well. They rank 15th in total goals scored, and their power play is in the bottom half of the league.
Without adjustments, Carolina is bound to dominate this best-of-seven series. However, this is the playoffs, and with that comes shocking moments, upsets, and quick momentum changes.
Hurricanes vs. Bruins Series Prediction and Betting Tips
Prediction: Hurricanes win the series 4-1
Carolina will ride its top ranked defense to a fairly easy Round 1 victory. They have shown poise and precision in their three meetings with Boston this season, and they don’t look to be stopping that anytime soon.
The Hurricanes are only -125 at FanDuel and -130 at Caesars Sportsbook, which is great value heading into a series that they seem to be heavily favored in. With their convincing victories over Boston this year, it is a no-brainer to take the moneyline sooner rather than later.
Other 2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs Content on Betting News
- Odds to Win the 2022 Stanley Cup Finals
- 2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs Bracket & Matchups
- Maple Leafs vs. Lightning Stanley Cup Playoffs Series Betting Preview
The post Carolina Hurricanes vs. Boston Bruins Series Preview: Hurricanes Ready to Run Wild Against the Bruins appeared first on Betting News.