The Calgary Flames and Dallas Stars meet in the first round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. The teams have faced off 3 times this season, with the Flames winning 2 of the 3 meetings.
The teams are on opposite sides of the spectrum offensively. Calgary is Top 10 in every major offensive category (goals, shots on goal, and power play percentage). The Stars rank 21st in goals scored and are outside the Top 10 in power play percentage.
Dallas committed the least amount of penalties during the regular season. Their penalty kill was in the bottom half of the league, and they gave up goals on 21% of their opponents’ chances.
The Flames enter this series as heavy favorites. They won the Pacific Division title and are looking for more reasons to hang banners from the rafters at Scotiabank Saddledome.
Calgary Flames (Pacific Division #1) vs. Dallas Stars (Western Conference Wild Card #1) Series Information and Betting Odds
Calgary Flames vs. Dallas Stars Series Schedule, Game Times, and TV Info
- Flames vs. Stars (Game 1 – at Scotiabank Saddledome, Calgary): Tuesday, May 3, 10:00 p.m. ET, ESPN2
- Flames vs. Stars (Game 2 – at Scotiabank Saddledome, Calgary): Thursday, May 5, 10:00 p.m. ET, TBS
- Stars vs. Flames (Game 3 – at American Airlines Center, Dallas): Saturday, May 7, 9:30 p.m. ET, TNT
- Stars vs. Flames (Game 4- at American Airlines Center, Dallas): Monday, May 9, 9:30 p.m. ET, TBS
- Flames vs. Stars (Game 5 – at Scotiabank Saddledome, Calgary): Wednesday, May 11, time and TV TBD – if necessary
- Stars vs. Flames (Game 6 – at American Airlines Center, Dallas): Friday, May 13, time and TV TBD – if necessary
- Flames vs. Stars (Game 7 – at Scotiabank Saddledome, Calgary): Sunday, May 15, time and TV TBD – if necessary
Calgary Flames vs. Dallas Stars Series Betting Odds
Odds are via FanDuel.
Odds to win the Series
- Calgary Flames -315
- Dallas Stars +250
Series Correct Score Odds
- Flames 4-0 (+570)
- Flames 4-1 (+310)
- Flames 4-2 (+370)
- Flames 4-3 (+410)
- Stars 4-0 (+2500)
- Stars 4-1 (+1260)
- Stars 4-2 (+820)
- Stars 4-3 (+820)
Series Total Games Odds
- Four Games: +430
- Five Games: +225
- Six Games: +220
- Seven Games: +230
Flames vs. Stars 2021-22 Season Head-to-Head Results
- November 4, 2021 (at Calgary): Stars 4, Flames 3 (OT)
- February 1, 2022 (at Dallas): Flames 4, Stars 3
- April 21, 2022 (at Calgary): Flames 4, Stars 2
Flames to Burn Stars
Strong goaltending has lead both teams to the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Calgary is giving up 2.5 goals per game which is third best in the league. Dallas is allowing 2.98 goals per game, but the defensive play toward the end of the season helped knock that number down.
Stars netminder, Jake Oettinger, helped the team jump the Nashville Predators in the standings, and steal away the first wild card spot by 1 point. His big saves late in games down the stretch allowed Dallas to gain crucial points and clinch a playoff berth.
However, Oettinger will now face an explosive Calgary offense that has put up large numbers this season. The Flames have one of the best offenses statistically with three different 40+ goal scorers (Johnny Gaudreau, Matthew Tkachuk, and Elias Lindholm).
The Stars have struggled against the Pacific division, losing the first period in their last six games against teams from that division. The slow start can not be afforded in a matchup with the fast-paced Calgary Flames.
If the trend continues, look for Calgary to get ahead and stay ahead. In this best-of-seven, it won’t take long to find out how the series will play out. The best odds are for the Flames to win in five games, but with one of the strongest defenses in the game, and young offensive talent, we could be looking at a sweep.
Calgary Flames vs. Dallas Stars Series Prediction and Betting Tips
Prediction: Flames win the series 4-1
Not only do the odds reflect it, but the recent results do as well. Calgary is too much for the Stars to handle, and the strong defense and goaltending will be the difference.
Even though the moneyline for the Flames sits -315 at FanDuel and -300 at Caesars Sportsbook, it is unwise to bet against them. If the Stars had a bit more on offense, I could see a closer series. Unfortunately, the money line does not present much value.
The value sits in total games and final series score. I don’t see the series going past five games, and a sweep is still very tough to accomplish in the NHL playoffs. Five games (+225) and a 4-1 Calgary victory (+310) is where I see the most value.
Other 2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs Content on Betting News
- Odds to Win the 2022 Stanley Cup Finals
- 2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs Bracket & Matchups
- Edmonton Oilers vs. Los Angeles Kings Series Preview, Odds & Predictions
- St. Louis Blues vs. Minnesota Wild Series Preview, Odds & Prediction
- Carolina Hurricanes vs. Boston Bruins Series Preview, Odds & Prediction
- Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Tampa Bay Lightning Series Preview, Odds & Prediction
The post Calgary Flames vs. Dallas Stars Series Betting Preview: Flames to overwhelm Stars in short series appeared first on Betting News.